Sunday, July 30, 2017

Oh Scrap! : Improv Stripes

I continue to attempt to use up a large majority of the black and white scraps I have accumulated over the years.  It seems the many Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts I have made so far have not done the trick.  So when I saw the Improv Stripes QAL starting next week over at A Quilter's Table, I knew I wanted to join in.





I love royal blue with black/white so I pulled this lovely stack out of my folded scrap area.  I was getting all excited and made the mistake of opening another drawer....





 Next thing I knew, some red and yellow were thrown into the mix. Not sure how (or if) I will use all these colors but it will be fun to see where this quilt leads.



Of course, I also started pulling all my loose scraps from my color scrap bins.  As usual, I have FAR more fabric pulled than I need.  But I definitely see a lovely scrap quilt hiding in there!

Debbie will be starting her Improv Stripes QAL on Monday July 31st so there is still time to jump on board.  This one will be a great scrap buster!  Will you be joining in?

************************************

Share your scrap projects.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!





    13 comments:

    gayle said...

    I see a lovely scrap quilt hiding in that pile, too! Can't wait to see you play with such happy colors.
    Now I'm going to go investigate that QAL. Because I need another project, right?

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    I'm going to join in with this one too! I've been fascinated with improv lately, so want to try anything that comes along to figure out more about it. It will be fun to see what develops!

    Jayne said...

    I'm excited to see what you and others do with this quilt a long! I wanted to do it, but sadly will not be able to. Life has taken an unforeseen turn and I must bow out! Have fun with it!

    Quiltdivajulie said...

    I have pulled fabrics for the QAL, too. Shared a photo of them on IG using the group's hashtag #improvstripesqal. Love the colors you have pulled.

    Kate said...

    You've got some great scraps for the quilt along. Have fun. Maybe you'll at least make a small dent in the scrap baskets. Though scraps seem to have the same nature as bacteria. They seem to double in size pretty quickly. Have a great week.

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    Yep!! There's DEFINITELY a scrap quilt waiting to get out of that pile of strips. I bet it's going to be BRILLIANT!!!

    Cathy said...

    Looks like a fun scrapbuster but I'll pass. Most of my scraps are spoken for in LOTs of other projects.

    Kat said...

    Those improv stripes look cool, can't wait to see your version!

    Yanicka said...

    Your fabric pull made me want to do my own...so you are a BAD influence!!! #cantstartnewprojectnow #toomanyUFO #Squirel lol

    Karen's Korner said...

    You have the most delicious scraps. Looking forward to seeing how they end up this time.

    Pamela Arbour said...

    Oooh, I have not seen this one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    jann said...

    wonderful colors and you have great drawersa! Wish I had treasures in mine, but I do have several bags of strips. I'll go find out what's happening. Thanx

    Mystic Quilter said...

    I had seen the Improv strips QAL with Debbie - very tempted but don't think I would have enough time to get them made - I'll see how I go today. I do like the colours you're going with, if I join in I might see if I have enough strips left from my Chinese Coins quilt.

    01 09 10